Monday, July 10, 2006

an uneasy and yet very real day. My first day of hospital orientation down at Westmead hospital. A whole range of thoughts, emotions and dreams. Being both amazed and disappointed in the chaplains - I don't know if I could do what they do. Absolutely flawed by patients sharing their stories - so much pain, joy and grief in the one body and one family - how do we hold it all in? Such generosity and yet such alienation and isolation within the one building.

People expecting (and finding) in me the God story. Wanting to trust me. Talk, weep and yell.

And travelling the whole day through with a few colleagues, so different to me, and yet
on the same path with parallel passions and callings.

This is a strange and unrelenting life. terrible and joyful. But always real.

1 comment:

Ray said...

I'm glad you're finding the week challenging, but hopefully it doesn't hit you too hard. Be interested to hear more..