Monday, May 01, 2006

Matt Tonks


After yesterday's trip down trauma lane I feel the need to purge myself musically (or maybe that's just a hangover from fashion week?) - regardless do, as Molly says, yourself a favour and check out the new Matt Tonks site. His latest album with Syd Green - "Synaesthesthesia" is due out soon and a whole raft of gigs have been announced. Personally I'm up for Friday 12th May at the Basement.

The man has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. My only qualm is that after seeing him live I never want to pick up a guitar again as it just doesn't sound like the same instrument...

A bit like Lior, a hint of Jeff Buckley and a whole lotta love.

2 comments:

mel said...

So, did you go? Tell me more...I would have loved to go, but we were away. I'd like to hear his music sometime.

mel said...

Of course, I could just click on the link and listen, couldn't I!