Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Thank God I'm not in London!

Bloody England. Bloody Ashes. All I can say is thank God I'm not in London. Captain Doran and I only just survived being in a pub in Clapham Junction when England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003 (2000 poms and 10 aussies). I can only imagine the carnage that would be happening now...

Yeah they may have played better cricket than us. Yeah they may have better young talent than us and yes Vaughan outcaptained Ponting. But it doesn't mean I have to like it!

Roll on Nov 26 and the AFL draft.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

It has indeed been a sad few weeks for Australian sports fanatics!

But then again at last the flushing of funds into elite sporting bodies will cease. We can only hope that funding of government grants for Social Security, Health, Housing, Education, and Silly Walks, will be increased.

We could also win the World Cup!