Thursday, September 22, 2005

Decoder Ring


From the band that brought us the soundtrack to Somersault comes their third album - Fractions. Decoder Ring are a Sydney based group - and I think I'm in love. All the usual cliches about soaring soundscapes and lazy summer nights apply. But this is no cheap chill-out album. Reviews have been using phrases such as "epic and universal", "dark electro and euphoric pop". I tend to think of a movie soundtrack, a little bit of Sigur Ros and a dash of Bjork, all in an Australian style. Craig and Darren, if you haven't got into this yet, you're in for a treat!

Brilliant, moody plus a bunch of great songs as well as atmosphere. But don't just take my ramblings, as Molly says, "Do yourself a favour!"

(Perhaps not barracking for St Kilda would be a start eh Molly?)


BTW - anyone in Sydney on the 21/10 - they're playing at the Metro!

1 comment:

Craig said...

OK then. I'll buy it!