Monday, October 02, 2006

"Days To Come" released!

The new album from Bonobo "Days To Come" is released today! He's achieved the difficult balance of continuing within the same vein as his first two albums enough to be recognisable, and yet pushing the boundaries enough to find some new territory.

There is the familiar gentle rolling melodies and jazz rhythms of "Dial M for Monkey" - that ease you into the evening. But added to that, Bonobo has brought in vocalist Bajka for a number of more smoky, soul-laden tracks that hold bigger beats and a darker edge. Love the experimentation. Now if we could just convince Simon and his live band to come to Australia...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gees you can wank on when you want too!

Some might say always, but I'd never be so rude...

Andrew said...

too many big words there for you anon?

"It-is-rooly-good" - does that help?

Either way, just go and listen to the album.

Anonymous said...

ACDC ROOLS!

Andrew said...

more of led zeppelin man myself

but whatever works for you ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey someone is stealing my anonymous identity! I am the original anon, and there shall be no other!

Anonymous said...

I'm anon too! I can annoy, insult and pester Jono all I like, and all I have to do then is click on Anonymous, and NO ONE will know it is me, Rossy writing this crap!

hehehe... the other anon strikes again.

Rossy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.