Wednesday, July 13, 2005

PNG Trip


Marianville
Originally uploaded by urbanstone.
Just back from an incredible 8 days in PNG visiting Larissa (check out her Bomana Nights website for some very cool photos). I got to spend some time in Port Moresby - checking out Marianville Secondary School where she works, meeting her colleagues and friends, and discovering the bizarre world of Moresby.

It may not have been as hot as I imagined, but Moresby was fascinating - from the hair raising car trips to the luxury of Kulau on a hot afternoon. As always, it's the people that make it so memorable - Pia's love of Powderfinger, Neil's commitment to the place, manic Mark (who at least follows the pies), Rick, Ivan, Jeremy and Lea and of course, Larissa's girls from Marianville.

5 comments:

Ms Bomana said...

That's officially the last time I wear that shirt!!!! Not fair - off being Indiana in the Sepik (and a thousand k's away anyway)means somehow I lost veto rights...
Urghhh!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The only thing that would look better than that shirt would be nothing at all. The shirt displays a certain cultural type quality. I mean compared to the fashion sense of the creator of this website that shirt shows character and taste. I think this needs to start a new wave of comments on fashion and trends in the fashion world.......Anyone......

Andrew said...

Those veto rights would be the same I had with the canoe photo on Bomana Nights would it?

Anonymous said...

Veto schmeeto. If you wear an item of clothing, hat, sausage, or a lamp shade in this day and age of digital captivity, and step out of your room into the public eye, then you are open to be photographed and posted around the world. If you don't want it seen ms Riss, don't wear it. Anyway it seems Anonymous (very common name) likes your shirt.
As for the comments on fashion.... I was last seen in public wearing a flanelette shirt and multicoloured pants, not as dated as that old 1800's sailor captain's uniform I used to get around in! If only I could post a photo... and whats wrong with the canoe photo? and if you two are going to start a public slanging / veto match, then I want front row seats. should be funny!

ttelloms niatpac

Ms Bomana said...

remind me not to bring my meri blaus collection home then smollett - PNG fashion certainly rivals any sailor suit you might choose to clad yourself in