Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What's for dinner?

Tagged by Rah to answer one of those perennial questions - "If I could have four people to dinner (past or present people) who would they be? And why?"

Hmmm, now I could simply pick from my usual A-team list of friends and family - but I suspect that that's not the point of trying to weasel out some fascinating angle of my personality that I haven't written about endlessly (though clearly Nicole thinks that's already happened way too much ; )

So,

Walter Brueggemann - because he's a mean story teller; he holds a heap of wisdom; and I've used his work and quoted him so much that I probably owe him a few shouts here or there.

Billy Connolly - another great story teller; makes me laugh till I break; and I love that accent.

Myf Warhurst - Presenter of Spicks and Specks and the Triple J breakfast show. Loves her music, good interviewer and slightly funky. Would be a good foil to the other personalities, let alone a fascinating person in her own right with a thousand stories from the Australian music scene. Keeps it grounded a little more.

Sean Penn - a fascinating mix of progressive political stances, a history of really powerful acting roles, an inside into the cult of celebrity and a seemingly prickly personality. Love to know what makes him tick.

So there you are - sounds like quite a dinner, and for once I haven't named Jesus, Bono or Mick Malthouse? And in the grand tradition of tagging I nominate Jeff, Ray and Linz.

(Photo courtesy of LynnInSingapore - check out her other cool photos!)

No comments: