Thursday, August 16, 2007

Australian Summer

"Australian Summer" by Luke Eve, winner of the 2005 Tropfest. An incredible short film - all about hope and grief within an Australian context. I've used this is in a number of settings (worship, training and discussion groups) and it's an fantastic tool for opening up what hope might look like. Is hope an illusory promise that we never really get to, but keeps us getting up every day? Is hope the stories that we tell to make sense of life? Who gives us hope? What does it cost to offer hope to another?


Australian Summer

Add to My Profile | More Videos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a great clip. The first time I saw it I was overwhelmed by its poignancy.

Anonymous said...

oops - didn't mean to be anonymous.

Book Crasher said...

Great clip Jono!! A new addition to my 'Stories of Hope' though I didn't see it until it was too late earlier this year for Easter...

I'm doing a thing on 'stories' at Nationals that I'll send you a copy of if its any good... along with those 'Unplugged's'