Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tropfest Twins Victory


Congrats to the winning short film "Carmichael and Shane" in this year's Tropfest. Although hard to tell without seeing the last 4 films that sank under the domain downpour, "Carmichael and Shane" made me laugh very, very hard. A single father bringing up twins, decides to overcome the dilemma of competing for attention by simply favouring one twin over the other. Sounds mean? It is, but with Rob Carlton as the father it works. You recognise his face as the dopey, bloke next door froms several ads and such. His deadpan Aussie drawl is perfect.

My personal fave was "Carnivore Reflux", which was a very-Monty Pythonesque short that held a sharp social comment on consumerism. (surprise, surprise I hear you say!)

I'm looking forward to watching the 15 legitimate finalists again after the DVD is published with this Saturday's SMH.

1 comment:

Craig said...

hey jono

do you know anyone who has a spare Tropfest DVD? someone got me one last year and apart from being brilliant, I use it lots in workshops.

so what were you running in darwin?

cheers mate

craig